Tuesday, May 6, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

It sure is hard trying to wake a kid up at 6:30 on a Saturday morning even if I told Abbie that we were going shopping! I COMPLETELY surprised her and she had no idea that I had a big birthday celebration planned for her at American Girl! I wanted to wait until we got on the train, but my mom was just too anxious to wait that long so I told her she could let the cat out of the bag! Once my mom told her, it took a good couple of minutes to "sink" in, since it is 7:00 in the morning! Awhile after she was told, we boarded the train and let me tell you, that was THE longest train ride I ever took. I think every 5 minutes I had Abbie asking me if we were going to be "there" soon!
Abbie and her new, just like you, American Girl!





I had scheduled a lunch at the cafe and they sure do think of everything! They had a minature highchair that clips to the table. At the time they serve us with appetizers, they give the doll a tea set so she wouldn't be left out! They even came and sang to Abbie and put a candle in her dessert!



Well, you can't expect a 7 year old to go to the bathroom and leave the doll with someone, so one of the "perks" American Girl Place has is a doll hook right in the bathroom stall with you!



Exiting the store I had to get a picture of Abbie and her new doll!

No comments: