Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So..... who are the Windemullers??

I've been so busy with just getting prayer requests out, that it was brought to my attention that people would like a little history of the family. So, with Carla's approval.....here we go! I can't even tell you how many years I have known Curt and Carla. I guess if I wanted to add it all up, it has been close to 20 years - wow time flies when you are being goofy! I guess goofy is the word that comes to mind when we are with them or when we think of them! I have been through the joys and the sorrows with them. I have had the pleasure of witnessing the birth of Josh, the day we celebrated Josh's new life with Christ, Caleb's birth, Zach's arrival into the family by adoption, many birthday parties for Ashley, sporting events for Ashley, observing what Curt and Carla went through when diagnosing Zach's autism, and MANY MANY more that I can't even begin to list. Brandon and I have had the honor of being Ashley's youth group sponser back when she was in junior high and then the honor of being at her wedding. Brandon and I hold this family near and dear to our hearts. The Windemullers have had many mountains to over come and Satan has sure made his presence in this family, but they have held on to their love for each other(as husband and wife) and their Savior. Both Josh and Caleb have been diagnosed with Leigh's Syndrome. This is a very uncommon disease that really no one can predict what will come next, only the Great Physican can. The disease is terminal and basically it impairs bodily functions, including organ functions. Both Josh and Caleb suffer from continous seizures that the doctors try to control with medication. As for Josh, he entered the gates of Heaven when he was only three years old and is now enjoying life to the fullest. Then there is Caleb...... I still remember visiting Carla when she was pregnant and then the many visits after Caleb was born. He was my healthy chunky buddy, until about 3 months of age. I still remember that day as if it was yesterday. I remember getting the call, from Carla, and she then told me that Caleb suffered a seizure which was the start of the disease. From that day, the doctors jumped on treating him with meds to control the seizures and I am sure that is why Caleb is still alive today. Caleb is now 14 years old and we had the honor of watching him grow and the priviledge of being at his birthday party about a month ago. What a special little - big guy :)! As things are taking a turn for the worse and Caleb's days on earth are number, prayer is the only thing that matters right now.

Here are some prayer requests:
1.)Pray for comfort. Lately Caleb has been more fussy and things are obviously wrong and he can't vocally express things and fears.
2.) Pray for peace. Between now and the time when God calls him home. May they all feel the love of God wrapping His arms around them.
3.) Strength... There have been many sleepless nights or a few hours here and a few hours there. I pray that God will give them strength. They not only have Caleb, but they have Zach too. He is in Junior High and he has needs also.
4.) Frustration. Pray that God will continue to bless and strengthen their marriage. Satan wants to use Caleb to put a wedge in the family, but as Christians, Satan will never win!
5.) We know that we can't pray for healing, God has much bigger plans for Caleb! What a wonderful day it will be for everyone when we meet our Savior. I'm sure we are all anxious for that day and to see our loved ones that have been having the joy of rejoicing with the Lord day after day after day.....

I hope that this will give everyone a little understanding why I have been keeping them in my blog. This family is very important to us amd what an honor that we have had the priviledge of walking with them step by step.

Psalm 121:1,2 I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

No comments: